KAHPERD Model School Awards
The KAHPERD Model School Program is designed to identify and recognize and award schools that provide model physical education programs. This award process promotes quality physical education throughout the state of Kansas and provides opportunities for physical educators to share ideas for the purpose of enhancing the physical education experience for all students. The program provides for Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards.
Model School Co-Chair: Michelle Diliso
|2012 Model School Award Recipients|
Scott Community High School
Application for Model/Merit School
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Note: Only individual buildings may apply. Districts applications will not be accepted.
To apply for KAHPERD Model School Award, the following process must be followed:
Complete the KAHPERD Model Schools Program application form.
1. A typed letter of support from the building principal.
2. Vitae for each of the physical education staff members including type of teaching certificate(s) held, professional growth history (workshops, conventions, graduate work), and professional memberships.
3. 3 hard copies or a PDF file of documentation to support rubric criteria
Mail a completed application packet to the address below or email PDF file to Co-chair Michelle DiLisio no later than February 1st.
MODEL SCHOOLS PROGRAM TIMELINE
1. February 1 Application Documentation Deadline
2. February Review Applications
3. Select Schools for On-site Visits
4. March-April On-site Visits
5. Select Model Programs
6. May 15 Award Notification Letter Sent
7. November Award given at KAHPERD Convention
MODEL SCHOOL CRITERIA
The materials for all applications are evaluated by the criteria established by the Model School Committee.