KAHPERD in Action
Kansas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (KAHPERD) is one of the oldest professional associations in Kansas. as KAHPERD supports, promotes, advocates, develops and creates opportunities to advance the health of students, schools, communities and our state as evidenced by:
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Research and scholarship that advances the body of knowledge in health, physical education recreation and dance
- Public understanding of the need for quality programs in the professional fields listed in our name
- Legislative policy changes that support health initiatives in the state of Kansas
- Funding opportunities for innovative projects that promote the KAHPERD mission
To be the leading advocate in the state of Kansas in promoting healthy, active lifestyles and to empower Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance professionals to provide leadership in activities that benefit the health of Kansans.